75 Feeling Drained Quotes for When You’re Exhausted
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
Feeling drained is a confusing thing. On one hand, you want to slow down and admit that you are exhausted. But on the other hand, there are so many people depending on you and so many demands on your time that sometimes it feels impossible to slow down and take a deep breath.
I have worked hard in my personal and professional life to balance all of the demands on my energy. One resource that I have found very helpful is feeling drained quotes.
Most of all, feeling drained quotes can remind you that self care and self love are not selfish. I always find these tired quotes helpful when I feel like I am letting people down by taking some time for myself.
I am excited to share this collection of 75 feeling drained quotes to help inspire you during your moments of exhaustion!
Why Read Feeling Drained Quotes When You Are Stressed and Tired?
We all respond to stress and exhaustion differently. For example, when my husband is stressed out or tired, his default setting is to completely unplug from the world and settle into his own self care routine.
By comparison, when I feel stressed out or exhausted, my instinct is to grab my to-do list and push onwards until I can’t push anymore!
The reality is that our minds are a muscle, and muscles need time to rest after we work them hard! When you don’t, your stress levels become more difficult to manage which affects your overall productivity, mental health, and even your physical health.
Reading feeling drained quotes when you are stressed and tired will help you put everything into perspective. Suddenly the things that seem so urgent take a backseat to your own self care. When you read tired quotes, your mind settles into the idea that a little bit of rest can do a lot of good!
One of my favorite ways to tune into what my body and mind need is using a journal. I love getting into the habit of writing in my favorite journal whenever I am feeling overwhelmed.
Journaling allows me to give my own thoughts a voice instead of burying them beneath all the chaos of my responsibilities!
Try using your favorite feeling drained quotes from this list as journaling prompts when you are in dire need of peace!
Feeling Drained Quotes When You Are Emotionally Tired
- “Did physical exhaustion weigh more than emotional exhaustion? Were they like warring dogs fighting over the scraps of him?” – Sarah Chorn
- “In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.” – Fred Rogers
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “The most critical time in any battle is not when I’m tired, it’s when I no longer care.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “There are two types of tired I suppose, one is the dire need of sleep and the other is the dire need of peace.”
- “Everything seems to be exhausting to me, no matter how much sleep or how much coffee I drink or how long I lie down, something inside me seems to have given up. My soul is tired.”
- ”Life is one long process of getting tired.” — Samuel Butler
- “One thing you can’t hide – is when you’re crippled inside.” — John Lennon
- “People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” — Johnny Depp
- “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” — Winston Churchill
- ”Tired minds don’t plan well. Sleep first, plan later.” — Walter Reisch
- “Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.” – Paulo Coelho
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King
- “This too shall pass.” – Persian Proverb
- “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” – Robert Eliot
- “Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is. The only problem in your life is your mind’s resistance to life as it unfolds.” – Dan Millman
- “If you feel “burnout” setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself”. – Dalai Lama
- “Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.” – John Newton
- “Relax. No one else knows what they’re doing either.” – Ricky Gervais
Inspirational Quotes When You’re Feeling Drained
- “The higher your energy levels, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.” – Tony Robbins
- “Never be tired of a dream, if not fulfilled. Fear of failure should not deter you from your path of self-belief. Your belief and determination will get you to your destination and make the dream come true. ” – Anil Sinha
- ”To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Say NO to the demands of the world. Say YES to the longings of your own heart.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.” – Albert Einstein
- “Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace.” – Joan Borysenko
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
- “Taking time to contemplate what you’re grateful for isn’t merely the “right” thing to do. It also improves your mood because it reduces the stress hormone cortisol by 23 percent.” – Travis Bradberry
- “To experience peace does not mean that your life is always blissful. It means that you are capable of tapping into a blissful state of mind amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life.” – Jill Bolte Taylor
- “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.” – Dolly Parton
- “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “Choose to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other. Love is a commitment, not a feeling.” – Dave Willis
- “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “In the darkest moments, remember that even the saddest thing has the potential to transform into a glimmer of hope. Your emotional state may waver, but inner strength can guide you to brighter days.”
- “Amidst the growing pains of life, find solace in the simple things. Your emotional energy may ebb, but in the pursuit of a better world, you’ll discover reservoirs of resilience you never knew existed.”
- “A long break may be the only sure way to recharge your mental batteries. Take the time to nurture your emotional tiredness, and watch as you emerge stronger, ready to face the challenges that lie ahead.”
- “Despite the unrelenting pursuit of your goal, acknowledge the need for balance. Your mental health is paramount. Spending time in the right place, both physically and emotionally, ensures a sustainable and fulfilling journey.”
- “In your life, recognize that bad days are just a chapter, not the entire story. Your emotional state may fluctuate, but with patience and perseverance, each page can contribute to a narrative of resilience and triumph.”
- “The only tired I was, was tired of giving in.” – Rosa Parks
Stress and Tired Quotes When You’re Feeling Mentally Exhausted
- “It wasn’t that she was sad—sadness had very little to do with it, really, considering that most of the time, she felt close to nothing at all. Feeling required nerves, connections, sensory input. The only thing she felt was numb. And tired. Yes, she very frequently felt tired.” ― Nenia Campbell
- ”It’s better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone – so far.” — Marilyn Monroe
- “What you’re supposed to do when you don’t like a thing is change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Don’t complain.” – Maya Angelou
- “You need to be able to manage stress because hard times will come, and a positive outlook is what gets you through.” – Marie Osmond
- “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” – Mark Black
- Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes…Including you.” – Anne Lamott
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Somehow our devils are never quite what we expect when we meet them face to face.” – Nelson DeMille
- “Problems can be experienced as … a chance for renewal rather than stress.” – Marilyn Ferguson
- “Stress levels may rise, but a long-term perspective reminds us that challenges are temporary. Like a dark circle fading with time, your mental exhaustion will dissipate, making way for a brighter outlook.”
- “The quickest ways to recover from mental fatigue often involve stepping back and reassessing. Taking a moment for self-care is not a sign of weakness but a necessary investment in your well-being.”
- “In the unrelenting pursuit of your goal, beware of the toll it takes on your mental health. Acknowledge the signs of mental exhaustion and prioritize self-care to prevent long-term consequences.”
- “A healthy body supports a healthy mind. Take breaks, engage in physical activities, and allow yourself the rest needed for optimal well-being.”
- “During times of stress, seek refuge in the simple things. They act as anchors, grounding you in the present and offering moments of respite from the demands of an overburdened mind.”
- “Within the shadows lie opportunities for growth and healing. Embrace the journey towards mental well-being, recognizing that seeking help is a courageous step forward.”
- “Spending time in the right place, both mentally and physically, is crucial for alleviating stress. Create spaces of tranquility and surround yourself with positivity to counterbalance the challenges that life throws your way.”
- “The only sure way to break the cycle of stress and tiredness is to prioritize self-care. Take a step back, breathe, and refocus on your emotional and physical well-being.”
- “Amid the relentless pursuit of your goals, remember that a long-term perspective includes moments of rest and rejuvenation. Balancing ambition with self-care ensures a sustainable and fulfilling journey.”
- “Despite the emotional toll of stress, find strength in the support of others. Lean on friends, family, or professionals to share the burden, recognizing that asking for help is a sign of courage, not weakness.”
- “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
Motivational Quotes When You’re Feeling Drained
- “When you find yourself stressed, ask yourself one question: Will this matter in 5 years from now? If yes, then do something about the situation. If no, then let it go.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.”– Kahlil Gibran
- “When faced with the darkest clouds find strength in self-care.”
- “When life feels like a relentless storm, take solace in knowing that every little bit of effort in your daily routine contributes to the creation of a new beginning.”
- “Strive for good times, but in moments of financial stress, recognize that your journey may include some uphill battles. Stay resilient, and every trial becomes a stepping stone to success.”
- “Balance your hours of sleep wisely; for it’s not just the amount of sleep that matters, but the quality. Energy drinks may provide a quick boost, but true vitality comes from rest and rejuvenation.”
- “In the face of mental exhaustion, summon the strength to weather the storm. Like an exhausted man finding strength in adversity, you too can emerge from the depths of fatigue.”
- “During sleepless nights, envision the dawn of a new day. The hollow cloud of restlessness can transform into a canvas for dreams and possibilities.”
- “You are not alone. Strength can be found in reaching out.”
- “When the weight of life becomes overwhelming, view each challenge as an opportunity for growth. Remember, even the smallest steps lead to a path of new beginnings.”
- “Embrace the ebb and flow of life’s rhythm. In the dance between good times and difficult moments, find your own melody. Each note, whether sweet or sour, contributes to the symphony of your journey.”
- “In moments of exhaustion, remember that your spirit possesses much strength. Tough times may linger, but your resilience can overcome any challenge.”
- “A lack of sleep can dim your brightest days. Prioritize your physical health, for it is the foundation of your well-being. Quality rest is a powerful antidote to the stress levels that life may throw your way.”
- “During tough times, let physical activity be your refuge. Exercise not only revitalizes the body but also rejuvenates the mind, providing the energy needed to face challenges head-on.”
- “As the result of too much time spent in stress, your body aches for relief. Take a step back, prioritize self-care, and consider adopting a healthy diet. Nourish yourself, and watch as your stress levels begin to subside.”
- “In moments of physical and mental exhaustion, recognize that every challenge is an opportunity for growth. Recharge with adequate sleep, engage in physical activity, and fuel your body with the nutrients it craves. Your well-being is your greatest asset.”
Using Feeling Drained Quotes
If you are feeling overwhelmed and exhausted by the tidal wave of tasks you are responsible for in a day, the odds are the last thing you are thinking about is reading feeling drained quotes.
But I truly believe in the power of using inspirational quotes to put the day’s events into perspective. Motivational quotes have this way of reseting your mind and giving you a sense of clarity so that you can see things as they truly are.
Make time to prioritize your own self care routine. Take some time to reflect on these quotes in your journaling practice.
Feeling drained quotes will help you realize that prioritizing your own self care is not a waste of time. Instead, it will lower your stress level and give you more energy to take that task list down!
If you are looking for more inspiration to prioritize yourself, check out our list of show up for yourself quotes!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on social media! If you know someone who could use feeling drained quotes, this post could be just what they need!