125 Life Lessons Inspirational Quotes About Life And Struggles
If there is one thing that you can count on throughout your life its that you are going to struggle. At first glance, that comes off as a very negative comment, doesn’t it!?
The truth is that struggle will always be part of life and you can’t really do much to change that. But what you can change is how you respond to your struggles.
One of my favorite tools to share in my life coaching practice is inspirational quotes. In particular, life lessons inspirational quotes about life and struggles have been known to help people who are facing a setback or failure in their life.
Our culture tries to tell us that life should be easy and free of struggle. However, the reality is that your life is going to be filled with challenges and obstacles. Our culture also loves the idea that success should come effortlessly and that any form of struggle is a sign of failure.
This can lead to frustration, disappointment, and a sense of inadequacy when we inevitably encounter difficulties.
My hope is that this list of inspirational quotes reminds you that struggles are not indicative of your own personal shortcomings. Instead, struggle is integral to the human experience.
By changing your mindset and viewing challenges as opportunities for learning and growth, you can empower yourself to grow past your defeats, rather than allowing yourself to be defined by them.
How Can Inspirational Quotes Help Us Overcome Our Struggles In Life?
Inspirational quotes are great at teaching life lessons in just a few words. And when it comes to overcoming struggles, I find that the best inspirational quotes are the ones that encourage us to see struggles and setbacks as opportunities for growth.
This is one of the hardest things to do, especially when you are in the middle of a big setback. But there are so many quotes from famous people throughout history who have proven time and time again that struggle is part of finding success.
As Carol Dweck describes in Mindset, a growth mindset sees the value in practice, effort, and hard work even in the face of struggle. This is the key to improving and growing in all areas of our lives.
Many people have a fear of failure that is so strong that they avoid any situation that could lead to struggle altogether! Staying in your comfort zone might feel safe, but the truth is that you will never grow and reach your wildest dreams if you stay in a pretend world where failure doesn’t exist.
This list of life lessons inspirational quotes about life and struggles will motivate you to change the way you see struggle and failure. Get ready to embrace the fear of failure and learn to see setbacks as opportunities for growth!
Life Lessons Inspirational Quotes About Life And Struggles
- “Not many great things have ever been done without struggling, stand up for your dream, a definite plan and burning desire can get you there.” – Okorote Emmanuel
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “Difficult times will come. It’s a fact of life, isn’t it? There are good times and bad times in everybody’s life.” – Raj Kosaraju
- “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times, and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that good times are on the way.” – Unknown
- “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
- “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler
- “We all make mistakes, how we correct them is what makes all the difference between success and failure.” – Zane Baker
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.” – Pierre de Coubertin
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A life filled with vicissitudes, uncertainty and hard lessons provides us with skills to better approach new challenges that come along.” – Vivian Eisenecher
- “The commonality among all these people is that they never gave up. For them, each new challenge was an opportunity to excel at life, to persevere in spite of at times seemingly overwhelming odds.” – Byron Pulsifer
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You are not alone in the struggles of life. Entire cosmos is with you. It evolves through the way you face and overcome challenges of life. Use everything in your advantage.” – Amit Ray
- “As I struggled to put together a life for myself – based on my terms and my needs, in other words, a life worth living, it all boiled down to building my self-confidence.” – Bill Andrews
- “Your willingness to look at your darkness is what empowers you to change.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “When we face a life storm, our faith is challenged most often by God’s seeming silence when we need him the most. Life storms help us to explore the reality of trust, when circumstances challenge our faith and tempt us to doubt God’s promises.” – John Krohn PhD
- We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – E. M. Forster
- “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.” – Nicole Reed
- “There are better people in the world, do not let the worst do the worst to you, you deserve the best in life.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.” – Paulo Coelho
- “What we all need to do is find the wellspring that keeps us going, that gives us the strength and patience to keep up this struggle for a long time.” – Winona LaDuke
- “Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.” – Bernadette Devlin
- “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
- “When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
- “Some roses grow through concrete. Remember that.” – Brandi L. Bates
Motivational Quotes About Life Lessons
- “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
- “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Life requires overcoming challenges and obstacles of many types. Battling our struggles and fears determines who we are” – David Weatherford
- “Sometimes, life’s challenges are tough to deal with. You will succeed if you focus your thoughts on how to overcome the challenge.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we’ve left behind.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
- “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.” – Gina Milicia
- “In the heart of every struggle lies an opportunity to grow.” – Melanie M. Koulouris
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “My greatest life lessons have not come from any achievements I have attained but rather from the failures, heartaches, and setbacks that I have experienced.” – Dr. Marshall Hennington
- “A good strategy of life is obvious: When the right path is found, it must be walked no matter how hard it is and the precious target this path destined to must be arrived at by defeating every difficulty encountered.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” – Chico Xavier
- “We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us.” – William J. Brennan, Jr.
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can.” – Bruce Lee
- “Remember that in difficult times, we don’t give up. We don’t discard our highest ideals. No! We rise up to meet them.” – Michelle Obama
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
- “I don’t dwell on the things that are too late to fix, but I do my best to get life’s lessons and put them into action.” – Les Brown
- “In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous decision.” – Peter F. Drucker
- “Smiling is a wonderful way to get a boost of happiness. The next time life presents you with a challenging situation, take a deep breath and smile.” – Morris Pratt
- “I’m pretty easily overwhelmed and pretty tough as well. I think I’m tougher than I used to be. There’s been a lot of hardship along the way. But that’s what life is. And it’s how you deal with those things, and how you let them shape you that makes you a better person and defines what sort of person you’re going to be.” – Nathaniel Rateliff
- You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” – Brene Brown
- “You can’t solve anyone else’s life for them. But then, if you see someone struggling with a heavy load, isn’t it forbidden to walk on without helping them?” – Naomi Alderman
- “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
- “Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Life is like photography. You use the negatives to develop.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
Best Inspirational Quotes About Life Struggles
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
- “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Struggles not only make us into stronger, better and wiser people, they also let us learn more about ourselves and our purpose in life.” – Auliq Ice
- “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” – Bernice Johnson Reagon
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them―that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: It goes on.” – Robert Frost
- “My greatest life lesson has been that life can change in a second. This is why it’s important to always live your best possible life and to do what you can for others.” – Niki Taylor
- “Endings are always tough, but I believe when something ends, there are new beginnings, new opportunities and new things to be excited for, too.” – Mike Fisher
- “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
- “The first step to greatness is believing that greatness exists within you.” – Channique Nathan
- “No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.” – Haruki Murakami
- “Life’s lessons take a lifetime to learn, that’s just how it is in life’s classroom. But as we learn, we teach others. We are all teachers in the school of life.” – Olive Steele
- “Just because those around you do not constantly tell you what they are going through in their personal life, it does not mean they are living in a fairy tale.” – Auliq Ice
- “Struggle is the food from which change is made, and the best time to make the most of a struggle is when it’s right in front of your face.” – Danny Dreyer
- “The struggle of life is one of our greatest blessings. It makes us patient, sensitive, and Godlike. It teaches us that although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
- “Look at my success. I didn’t achieve it overnight. It has been the product of many years’ struggle, and every year, my times have shown gradual improvement.” – Mo Farah
- “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause of fear. Perhaps the action you take will be successful; perhaps different actions or adjustments will have to follow. But any action is better than no action at all.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds…” – Ana Claudia Antunes
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne
- “The triumph can’t be had without the struggle.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.” – Shaun Hick
- “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is.” – Anne Frank
- “It’s funny how, when things seem the darkest, moments of beauty present themselves in the most unexpected places.” – Karen Marie Moning
- “Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed.” – Bob Riley
- “I’ll tell you something about tough times. They just about kill you, but if you decide to keep working at them, you’ll find your way through.” – Joan Bauer
- “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” – Seneca
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
Short Inspirational Quotes About Life And Struggles
- “You may face defeats in your life, but never let yourself feel defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I like to use the hard times in the past to motivate me today” – Dwayne Jonhson
- “Hard times always lead to something great.” – Betsey Johnson
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “Most important thing in life is learning how to fall.” – Jeannette Walls
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
- “I know for sure what we dwell on is who we become.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The biggest lesson I had in my life was failure.” – Tim Rice
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” – Lao Tzu
- “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” – Zig Ziglar
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “There is no limit to what we can, as women accomplish.” – Michelle Obama
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
- “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.” – Matt Cameron
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- “Life’s struggles are necessary for growth.” – Auliq Ice
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
- “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “It’s not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit.” – JRR Tolkien
- “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” – Winston Churchill
- “Don’t feel entitled to anything you didn’t sweat and struggle for.” – Marian Wright Edelman
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Using Life Lessons Inspirational Quotes About Life and Struggles
The best way to use any inspirational quotes is to choose the ones that feel closest to your heart. We all have our own unique journeys and struggles, so pick the quotes that resonate with your experiences and challenges and reflect on them regularly. Let them empower you with the strength and motivation you need during the difficult times.
The world will try to tell you that you should run from struggle and failure. You may even feel pressured to avoid situations where you can fail. But remember that true growth comes from facing challenges head-on, despite the risk of failure.
The quotes you choose should serve as reminders that setbacks are not roadblocks but rather stepping stones on your path to success.
As you face your next big life struggle, I encourage you to remember this famous quote from Dalai Lama XIV: “The only way to fail is to quit.”
This quote brings so much comfort to me when I feel overwhelmed by the challenges and uncertainties my life throws at me. I can take a deep breathe and relax knowing that even when I fail I can learn and do better next time.
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on social media! If you know someone who could use life lessons inspirational quotes about life and struggles, this blog post could be just what they need!