75 Show Up For Yourself Quotes To Embrace Who You Are
Showing up for yourself isn’t easy. From the people you love, to your job responsibilities, there are so many demands on your time and attention that keep you from putting yourself and your own self care first.
I have put together this list of show up for yourself quotes to help you make the decision to be there for yourself when you need it. The truth is that showing up and taking care of yourself is one of the most important things that you can do to live a happy and satisfying life.
Your own well-being is the foundation upon which the rest of your life is built. Just as you wouldn’t neglect a plant that needs water to thrive, prioritizing yourself when you are feeling drained is necessary for you to flourish in your own life!
While it may sound like it, self-care is not about being selfish. Instead, it’s about recognizing that by filling your own cup, you have more to offer to the people who depend on you.
In the midst of life’s demands, I have always believed that it is important to carve out moments for self-reflection and self-care. These moments are essential for your mental, emotional, and physical health.
When you consistently show up for yourself, you are better equipped to face life’s challenges with a mindset that sees opportunities in failure. You are also more likely to find gratitude in life’s simple moments.
My hope is that this list of show up for yourself quotes inspires you to connect with your own needs. As you read these inspirational quotes, take some time to pause, breathe, and enjoy the feeling of showing up for yourself.
And when you are ready, check out our list of 10 easy ways to show up for yourself to learn more about putting your own self-care first!
Show Up For Yourself Quotes
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
- “Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs
- “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It is why you were born. And how you can become most truly alive.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “Accept right now that you are magnificent. Being your real, true, authentic self is what’s most awesome about you.” – Gabby Bernstein
- “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks
- “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
- “The greatest gift you can give yourself is a little bit of your own attention.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserves your love and affection.” – Budda
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” – Bob Moawad
- “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.” – Carl Jung
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
- “Loving ourselves through the process of owning our story is the bravest thing we will ever do.” – Brené Brown
- “When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs, and habits – anything that kept me small. Judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.” – Kim McMilllen
- “The only way you’re going to get through life, happily, is being yourself.” – Nikki Blonsky
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
Inspirational Quotes To Show Up For Yourself
- “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” – Maya Angelou
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “With every act of self-care your authentic self gets stronger, and the critical, fearful mind gets weaker. Every act of self-care is a powerful declaration: I am on my side, I am on my side, each day I am more and more on my own side.” – Susan Weiss Berry
- “Self-care has very little to do with your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” – Tyra Banks
- “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Jung
- “Showing up is not all of life- but it counts for a lot.” – Hillary Clinton
- “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
- “Worthy now. Not if. Not when. We are worthy of love and belonging now. Right this minute. As is.” – Brené Brown
- “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people—the ones who really belong in your life—will come to you, and stay.” – Will Smith
- “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
- “When you say ‘yes’ to others make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Showing up is essential. Showing up constantly is powerful. Showing up constantly with a positive outlook is even more powerful.” – Jeff Olson
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Perseverance doesn’t always mean winning and losing. Perseverance means showing up and rising to the occasion and performing.” – Michael Chiesa
- “Success doesn’t motivate me as much as integrity does. Everyone loses. I enjoy the pressure of showing up every single day, being focused, putting forth my best effort, getting the best out of my teammates, and enjoying the journey.” – Becky Sauerbrunn
- “To be a good parent, you need to take care of yourself so that you can have the physical and emotional energy to take care of your family.” – Michelle Obama
- “There is no paycheck that can equal the feeling of contentment that comes from being the person you are meant to be.” – Oprah Winfrey
Self-Love Quotes To Embrace Who You Are
- “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” – Maya Angelou
- “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- “I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self-indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival.” – Audre Lorde
- “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
- “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
- “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” – Jessica Ortner
- “Be the very love that you crave.” – Christine Kane
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Showing up begins long before you stand at the start. Prove yourself an exception in a world where people talk more than act. Intent without follow-through is hollow. Disappoint yourself enough times and empty is how you feel. Make yourself proud. Fill yourself up. Show up.” – Gina Greenlee
- “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.” – Allen Ginsberg
- “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
- “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Compassionate action has to start with ourselves. If we are willing to stand fully in our own shoes and never give up on ourselves, then we will be able to put ourselves in the shoes of others and never give up on them.” – Pema Chodron
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.” – Cassandra Clare
- “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “Champion the right to be yourself; dare to be different and to set your own pattern; live your own life and follow your own star.” – Wilferd Peterson
- “Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself.” – Al Roker
- “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.” – Beyoncé
Best Quotes About Showing Up For Yourself
- “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – Parker Palmer
- “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.” – Dolly Parton
- “Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart. Don’t be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you. The chances are that they aren’t paying any attention to you. It’s your attention to yourself that is so stultifying. But you have to disregard yourself as completely as possible. If you fail the first time then you’ll just have to try harder the second time. After all, there’s no real reason why you should fail. Just stop thinking about yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.” – Dolly Parton
- “Be yourself – not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
- “When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.” – John Lennon
- “Just show up and things will happen.” – Mother Teresa
- “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.” – Jean Shinoda Bolen
- “There is nothing rarer, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the essence of beauty.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
- “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
- “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
- “No matter how many obstacles we face from birth—the outcome of letting loose love and showing up marks humankind— for success wins human equality, discretely.” – Kamini Arichandran
- “However you consistently show up may not be who you think you are, but it’s who you’ve become. If you want to be your best self, consistently show up as your best version.” – Richie Norton
- “Be your own best cheerleader. Show up for yourself and believe in yourself, and you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve.” – Alan Young
- “So whatever you want to do, just do it…Making a damn fool of yourself is absolutely essential.” – Gloria Steinem
- “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.” – Rita Mae Brown
Using Show Up For Yourself Quotes
Loving ourselves isn’t always easy. People will tell you that self-care is selfish, and the demands of your life will make you feel like self-care is literally impossible.
My hope is that this list of show up for yourself quotes helps you build up enough courage to try putting yourself first for once. It isn’t always easy to find time for yourself with all of your responsibilities. That’s why I encourage you to remember that making time for self love is a priority for a fulfilling life.
Self-care looks different for us all. For me, showing up for myself is a hot cup of tea and five minutes of peace and quiet with my gratitude journal. Remember that you are the only person who knows what you need when you need it.
If you are new to the idea of putting yourself first, I always recommend journaling as a calming self care practice. Try using the inspirational quotes from this list as writing prompts to direct your thinking. The goal is to connect with your own heart and give it what it is telling you that you need!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on social media! If you know someone who could use show up for yourself quotes, this blog post could be just what they need!