110 Inspirational Growth Mindset Quotes to Embrace Challenges
There are two very important things that you need to know about growth mindset.
The first is that a growth mindset is an incredibly powerful tool to help you overcome struggles and obstacles in your life. The second is that it takes a lot of practice to develop one.
That’s why we put together this list of 110 inspirational growth mindset quotes to help! Remember that the hardest things are the ones worth doing!
What is Growth Mindset?
A growth mindset is a way of thinking and understanding the world. Where some people see failure and defeat, a person with a growth mindset sees opportunity.
By contrast, a fixed mindset believes that failure permanently defines us. When we fail, we feel like failures. This idea scares people with a fixed mindset from taking risks.
Rather than hiding from challenges in their comfort zones, people with a growth mindset see the opportunity to improve, despite the potential for failure. Failure is the most powerful teacher for people who choose to embrace the lessons it teaches.
Inspirational Growth Mindset Quotes List
Each of these quotes has been hand picked to inspire you to choose growth in the face of challenges. These quotes also help highlight the importance of a growth mindset in your life.
It may be hard work, but it will be worth it when you realize that you are embracing challenges rather than running from them!
Inspirational Quotes About Taking Risks
One of the reasons people don’t like to take risks is because of the fear of failure. But when you have a growth mindset, failure teaches you how to improve for next time. These inspirational growth mindset quotes will help remind you of this powerful advice!
- “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “I never worry about action, but only inaction.” – Winston Churchill
- “It is hard to fail but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
- “Face your fears; live your passions, be dedicated to your truth.” – Billie Jean King
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “I don’t care how impossible it seems.” – David Byrne
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “After every difficulty, ask yourself two questions: ‘What did I do right?’ and “What would I do differently?’ ” – Brian Tracy
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- “Love challenges, be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort and keep on learning.” – Carol Dweck
- “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
- “To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail.” – Michael Jordan
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Sherman Finesilver
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling.
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Success is never final, failure is never fatal, and it’s courage that counts.” – John Wooden
- “If you can’t make a mistake, you can’t make anything.” – Marva Collins
Famous Quotes About Not Giving Up
Part of having a growth mindset is not giving up when things get tough, but persevering despite the challenge. These inspirational growth mindset quotes will empower you to keep going!
- “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
- “It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Dr Samuel Johnson
- “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity!” – Albert Einstein
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to success is to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison.
- “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
Inspirational Quotes About Mindset and Attitude
Complaining and finding fault is always easy. Choosing an attitude that welcomes growth is much harder, but it is also much. more rewarding. These inspirational growth mindset quotes will help you prime your mind and attitude for growth!
- “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used to create them.” – Albert Einstein
- “Don’t find fault, find a remedy.” – Henry Ford
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference.” – Winston Churchill
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain
- “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age. Dreams are forever.” – Walt Disney
- “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” – Roy E. Disney
- “You’re in charge of your mind. You can help it grow by using it in the right way.” – Carol Dweck
- “We like to think of our champions and idols as superheroes who were born different from us. We don’t like to think of them as relatively ordinary people who made themselves extraordinary.” – Carol Dweck
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’M POSSIBLE’ “ – Audrey Hepburn
- “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.” – Michael Jordan
- “You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.” – Michael Jordan
- “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.” – Helen Keller
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “Everybody has a calling. And your real job in life is to figure out as soon as possible what that is, who you were meant to be, and to begin to honor that in the best way possible for yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Surround yourself only with people who are going to take you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Self-esteem comes from being able to define the world in your own terms and refusing to abide by the judgments of others.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “One must work and dare if one really wants to live.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Nobody finishes well by accident.” – John C. Maxwell
- “An unintentional life accepts everything and does nothing. An intentional life embraces only the things that will add to the mission of significance.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Dreams often come one size too big so that we can grow into them.” – John C Maxwell
- “To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “If my mind can conceive it, if my heart can believe it–then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
- “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” – Steve Jobs
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
- “I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as ‘making a life’.” – Maya Angelou
- “What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, you can achieve.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “You cannot stay in one place: you either go forward or you go backward.” – Thomas Watson
- “We find comfort among those who agree with us – growth among those who don’t.” – Frank A. Clark
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
- “Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” – Brené Brown
- “So many of us run around spackling all of the cracks, trying to make everything look just right…remember the beauty of the cracks…our imperfections are not inadequacies; they are reminders that we’re all in this together. Imperfectly, but together.” – Brené Brown
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.” – Brené Brown
- “If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jen Sincero
- “Don’t let anyone define you. You define yourself.” – Billie Jean King
- “Success is not an accident, success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry
- “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
- “Look for the good in every situation. Seek the valuable lesson in every setback. Look for the solution to every problem. Think and talk continually about your goals.” – Brian Tracy
- “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” – Jerry Rice
- “Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Choose people who lift you up.” – Michelle Obama
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
- “Either I will find a way, or I will make one.” – Philip Sidney
- “You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.” – Wayne Dyer
- “My life – my personality, my habits, even my speech – is a combination of the books I choose to read, the people I choose to listen to, and the thoughts I choose to tolerate in my mind” – Andy Andrews
- “If an opportunity is not aligned with what matters most to you (your core values), let it pass.” – Leanne Jacobs
- “No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.” – Voltaire
- “I am always doing what I cannot do yet. In order to learn how to do it.” – Vincent Van Gogh
What Are Your Favorite Growth Mindset Quotes?
It will always be easier to sit back and let life happen to you. Complaining instead of taking action is also easy. But when you get intentional and put in the hard work to take control of your mindset, there is no stopping you!
Our favorite way to remind ourselves about the power of a growth mindset is using our own printable wall art collection. Making inspirational growth mindset quotes visible in your life is a powerful way to make a change!
Use these inspirational growth mindset quotes to step outside your comfort zone and embrace the obstacles of your life today!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on social media! If you know someone who could use some inspirational growth mindset quotes, this could be just the blog post that they need!