125 Good Morning Monday Inspirational Quotes for a Boost!
When it comes to Mondays, there are generally two types of people. The first are the people who groan and complain about the end of a relaxing weekend and the start of a new week of work. The second type are those who embrace Monday morning as a fresh start and a new beginning.
In general, complaining is easier than choosing a positive attitude. And that’s exactly why we have put together this list of the best good morning Monday inspirational quotes!
Monday gets a bit of a bad reputation simply because it interrupts the nice relaxing flow of the weekend. But the truth is, Monday is just a single day of the week. It has no more or less power over your mind than any other day.
So let’s start your Monday off in the best way possible. Use these motivational quotes to take control of your Monday morning thoughts! Here’s to a great day full of potential and great things!
Motivational Monday Quotes
What does your mindset look like first thing Monday morning? Do you wake up feeling ready make your own dreams come true? Or do you find yourself stuck in a snooze button loop singing the Monday Blues?
These inspirational Monday quotes will help you take advantage of the new start that each Monday brings! It’s time to start your week off on the right foot!
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
- “Each day is a new opportunity to live your life to the fullest.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “It is not that I’m so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “Do what you can, with all you have, wherever you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Okay, it’s Monday but who said Mondays have to suck? Be a rebel and have a great day anyway.” – Kimberly Jiménez
- “So. Monday. We meet again. We will never be friends—but maybe we can move past our mutual enmity toward a more-positive partnership.” – Julio Alexi Genao
- “The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Stay away from those people who try to disparage your ambitions. Small minds will always do that, but great minds will give you a feeling that you can become great too.” – Mark Twain
- “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” – Nelson Mandela
- “The key to success is failure.” – Michael Jordan
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” – Mark Twain
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “To find truth, one must traverse a dense fog” – David Dweck
- “Monday is for people with a mission. Those who favor vacations, not weekends.” – Cristina Imre
- “Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last.” – Hamilton Holt
Are you looking for more quotes to help you start your week on the right foot? Check out our list of new week new goals quotes! Use these quotes to light a fire in your soul that will carry you through to the weekend!
Motivational Monday Morning Quotes
It isn’t easy to transform your Monday mindset and the way you see Monday mornings. Even with a good rest, Monday brings on challenges that can be difficult to face bright and early. That’s why motivational Monday quotes are so important!
Use these good Monday morning quotes to help ease your way into a new perspective on Mondays to see them for what they truly are: the first step into a whole week full of potential and new opportunities!
- “One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” – Dalai Lama
- “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” – Charles Dickens
- “You become what you think about all day long.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” – Ralph Marston
- “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” – George Lorimer
- “For each new morning let there be flow of love. Let there be light of happiness in every direction.” – Amit Ray
- “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C. S. Lewis
- “There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue these.” – Michael Nolan
- “You have to fill your bucket with positive energy – and if you have people hanging around you that are bringing you down and not lifting you up, whether that’s your ‘boo’ or your best friend – you have to learn how to push these people to the side.” – Michelle Obama
- “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
- “You don’t need a New Year to make a change. All you need is a Monday.” – Unknown
- “No matter how bad things are, you can at least be happy that you woke up this morning.” – D. L. Hughley
- “I must break the routines and become a person who becomes productive every Monday. I must break the mindset of unhappiness and turn myself into a happy magnet for Mondays.” – Leggy Saul
- “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” – Rumi
- “Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paulo Coelho
- “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball
- “I dream, I test my dreams against my beliefs, I dare to take risks, and I execute my vision to make those dreams come true.” – Walt Disney
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
Monday Motivation Quotes About Mornings
A brand new day is truly something to be grateful for. But if a grateful heart isn’t something that comes naturally to you, this list of quotes may help!
If you are struggling to appreciate the beautiful Monday morning that awaits you, these happy Monday quotes about mornings are just what you need! Choose your favorite inspirational quotes from this list to embrace the new beginning that awaits you this Monday morning!
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.” – William C. Hannan
- “Lose an hour in the morning, and you will spend all day looking for it.” – Richard Whately
- “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” – Robert Brault
- “You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.” – Evan Esar
- “With self-discipline, almost anything is possible.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness.” – Nanea Hoffman
- “An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful.” – Dalai Lama
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” – Elon Musk
- “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono
- “Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.” – Sabaa Tahir
- “Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.” – William Blake
- “In these times you have to be an optimist to open your eyes when you awake in the morning.” – Carl Sandburg
- “The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars.” – Henry Ford
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts, what he thinks he becomes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I wake up every morning literally with a smile on my face, grateful for another day I never thought I’d see.” – Dick Cheney
Inspirational Good Morning Quotes for Mondays
With each new week and each Monday morning comes a miniature fresh start. And with this fresh start comes a new opportunity to start working toward dreams and goals for your life! No matter what happened yesterday or last week, you have a chance to reflect on the past and chart a course forward into great things.
So what are your plans for this Monday? Use these inspirational good morning quotes to kickstart your Monday mindset and start chasing the life you want to live!
- “When you give joy to other people, you get more joy in return. You should give a good thought to happiness that you can give out.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!” – David Dweck
- “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
- “Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start off with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, ‘It’s going to be a good day!” – Lindsay Lohan
- “The important thing is this: to be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become.” – Charles Dickens
- “Take a deep breath and let the stress of the day wash away.” – Unknown
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for the good things that come to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.” – Michael Josephson
- “The best thing about being who you really are is that you simply cannot fail! Be you, be awesome and live awesomely.” – Ricardo Housham
- “A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.” – Wade Boggs
- “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” – Caterina Fake
- “Live life to the fullest. You have to color outside the lines once in a while if you want to make your life a masterpiece. Laugh some every day. Keep growing, keep dreaming, keep following your heart. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein
- “There are no comparisons. You were born an original. Don’t live like a copy. The world has enough beautiful pictures. What the world needs is more beautiful people. Real beauty comes from within. And what you are, is beyond enough. Talk your light, walk your light, shine your light.”- Drue Grit
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Denise Brennan-Nelson
- “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day, or to celebrate each special day.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
- “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life because you become what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” – Charles Dickens
- “Don’t ask if your dream is crazy, ask if it’s crazy enough.” – Lena Waithe
- “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” – Miles Davis
Monday Morning Motivation for Work
It’s no secret that Monday marks the start of the work week. This is the main reason why Mondays have such a bad reputation after all! Are you someone who has locked their mindset on believing that you hate your job and there is nothing that you can do to change it?
The truth is, this is one of the most common limiting beliefs that hold many people back from achieving their dream life!
This list of Monday morning motivational quotes for work will inspire you to change your mindset about your work. These inspirational Monday quotes about work may even just convince you to finally go after your dream career!
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
- “Don’t count the days. Make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” – Seth Godin
- “The future depends on what you do today.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything.” – Antoine Griezmann
- “The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.” – Steve Jobs
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
- “It takes courage to be your whole self so you can do your best work. So you can be the change you want to see. So you can do what your worthy cause most needs you to do.” – Shelly Francis
- “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
- “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.” – Colin Powell
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
- “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Don’t find fault, find a remedy: anyone can complain.” – Henry Ford
- “Dreams don’t have to just be dreams. You can make it a reality; if you just keep pushing and keep trying, then eventually you’ll reach your goal. And if that takes a few years, then that’s great, but if it takes 10 or 20, then that’s part of the process.” – Naomi Osaka
- “In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.” – Mark Twain
- “Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “It’s Monday. Get a new perspective. Whatever obstacle you’re facing—it’s not permanent.” – Unknown
- “The worst Monday is the one that gets wasted for nothing.” – Unknown
- “When you start to do the things that you truly love, it wouldn’t matter whether it’s Monday or Friday; you would be so excited to wake up each morning to work on your passions.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” – Zig Ziglar
Monday Work Motivation
One of the secrets to a happy life is finding passion and motivation in your work. When you feel connected to your work, it doesn’t feel much like work at all!
Here at Joyful Through It All, the Japanese teachings of the ikigai have inspired us to pursue work that gives us meaning, purpose, and connection to the world around us. If you are searching for work that gives you the same feeling, check out our post focusing on ikigai examples!
In the meantime, use these quotes to help you find a sense of motivation and connection to your work! This new perspective may be just what you need to bring some positive energy to your workday!
- “If you want to be successful in this world, you have to follow your passion, not a paycheck.” – Jen Welter
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Goals are dreams with deadlines.” – Diana Scharf Hunt
- “Each time you make a good decision or do something nice or take care of yourself; each time you show up to work and work hard and do your best at everything you can do, you’re planting seeds for a life that you can only hope will grow beyond your wildest dreams. Take care of the little things—even the little things that you hate—and treat them as promises to your own future. Soon you’ll see that fortune favors the bold.” – Sophia Amoruso
- “Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for your whole week. See yourself getting stronger, and living a fulfilling, happier and healthier life.” – Germany Kent
- “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
- “The easiest thing is to react. The second easiest is to respond. But the hardest thing is to initiate.”
– Seth Godin
- “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Don’t give it five minutes if you’re not going to give it five years.” – Meghan Markle
- “All the forces in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.” – Victor Hugo
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Out of difficulties grow miracles.” – Jean de La Bruyère
- “Believe on Monday the way you believe on Sunday.” – Rita Schiano
- “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you did not do than the ones you did.” – Mark Twain
- “Every day, think as you wake up: Today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.” – Dalai Lama
Transform Your Monday With Good Morning Monday Inspirational Quotes
Okay, so not everyone thinks happy thoughts when they wake up and realize that it is Monday morning. But, the idea that Monday is the worst day of the week is only true if you believe it to be true.
We spend so much time wishing for the weekend, but the truth is that you have a choice in how you choose to see Monday. Choose your favorite good morning Monday quote from this list and use it to help transform the way you see Mondays! Read these quotes as a Monday morning reminder that a wonderful Monday is within reach if you wish to take advantage of it.
Yes, Monday is technically the end of the weekend. But, it is also the start of a new week! And with the right good morning Monday inspirational quotes, you can start seeing Monday as a fresh start, rather than a bitter end.
Getting ready to take on Tuesday? Check out our list of the best Tuesday morning inspirational quotes to push forward with a great week! And if you find yourself in a mid-week slump, check out our list of positive Wednesday inspirational quotes!
Have a great Monday and a great morning!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on social media! If you know someone who struggles with Mondays and the new week, this post could be just what they need to help them start their week strong!