75 Best Choose Happiness Quotes To Make You Smile
Is the secret of happiness really just simply choosing to be happy? Well, in some ways, it really is that simple! But there is much more to being happy than just making one single conscious choice.
Instead, it’s about making a series of choices that help you take control of your own happiness.
The choose happiness quotes that I have collected for you here will help you make decisions today that will ultimately make you happier in your life.
Why Read Choose Happiness Quotes?
It isn’t always easy to choose happiness. Especially when you are feeling like nothing is going right in your life.
Choose happiness quotes inspire us to make small choices in our lives that greatly impact our overall happiness. These are choices that might seem easy, but don’t always come naturally to us.
For example, one of the best decisions you can make right now is to choose to be grateful. Something as simple as having good health is so often taken for granted. There is so much joy to be found in both the small moments and the larger aspects of life.
Choosing to focus on the good things that you do have rather than what you don’t is one choice that choose happiness quotes can help you make today to start living a happier life.
My favorite choice that I have made in my life is choosing to see setbacks and struggles as opportunities for growth. It is so easy to get beaten down and feel defeated when things don’t work out. But making the choice to find the growth opportunities in your failures can help you find happiness more in your everyday life.
Let’s dig into these choose happiness quotes so that you can find the inspiration you need to choose happiness today!
Choose Happiness Quotes
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “When you get up in the morning, you have two choices – either to be happy or to be unhappy. Just choose to be happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Happiness, true happiness, is an inner quality. It is a state of mind. If your mind is at peace, you are happy. If your mind is at peace, but you have nothing else, you can be happy. If you have everything the world can give – pleasure, possessions, power – but lack peace of mind, you can never be happy.” – Dada Vaswani
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
- “When faced with a choice, choose happy.” – Valerie Bertinelli
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn. It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace & gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
- “It’s not that life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as expected. I just choose to be happy and grateful no matter how it all turns out. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.” – Albert Einstein
- “Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” – Helen Keller
- “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
- “Choose to be happy and make inner peace your mission is the best way to live life. Now organize your life to attain these.” – Debasish Mridha
- “I think that life is difficult. People have challenges. Family members get sick, people get older, you don’t always get the job or the promotion that you want. You have conflicts in your life. And really, life is about your resilience and your ability to go through your life and all of the ups and downs with a positive attitude.”– Jennifer Hyman
- “Trust your own instincts, go inside, follow your heart. Right from the start. go ahead and stand up for what you believe in. As I’ve learned, that’s the path to happiness.” – Lesley Ann Warren
- “It is an important thing, in our never-ending pursuit of happiness, to stop and just be happy for a while.” – Mark Twain
- “Whatever creates or increases happiness or some part of happiness, we ought to do; whatever destroys or hampers happiness, or gives rise to its opposite, we ought not to do.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things.” – Walt Disney
- “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
- “Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
- “Happy people do not demand a lot from the world because their happiness proceeds from a place deeper than the world can touch.” – Alan Cohen
Happy Quotes To Choose Happiness
- “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
- “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” – Kevyn Aucoin
- “No matter what’s happening, choose to be happy. Don’t focus on what’s wrong. Find something positive in your life. Thank God for the small things.” – Joel Osteen
- “A happy man is too satisfied with the present to think too much about the future.” – Albert Einstein
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “All I can control is myself and just keep having a positive attitude.” – Rose Namajunas
- “Two things prevent us from happiness: living in the past and judging others” – Paulo Coelho
- “The good we do today becomes the happiness of tomorrow.” – William James
- “Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Happiness already exists in your life. All you need to do is tune into it. And you can start doing that right now.” – Anthon St. Maarten
- “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.” – Earl Nightingale“
- One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats.” – Iris Murdoch
- “If all our happiness is bound up entirely in our personal circumstances it is difficult not to demand of life more than it has to give.” – Bertrand Russell
- “A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy and nothing can stop him.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- “There will always be obstacles and choices. Your job is to choose which choice leads to the best outcome.” – Germany Kent
- “Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers’ gardens.” – Douglas Jerrold
- “Choose to be happy. That is the only way to find happiness.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
Inspirational Quotes For A Happy Life
- “If you paint in your mind a picture of bright and happy expectations, you put yourself into a condition conducive to your goal.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” – Seneca
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old — whatever “the old” means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.” – Joel Osteen
- “But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads?” – Albert Camus
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
- Positive energy is a wonderful thing. It’s your energy not working against you. The choice is yours.” – Charmainism
- “The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.” –William Lyon Phelps
- “The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions—the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, , and the countless other infinitesimal of pleasurable thought and genial feeling.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy.” – Hannah Arendt
- “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
- “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” – James M. Barrie
- “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” – Ashley Montagu
- “Don’t stay in a bad situation, whether it is a relationship or a job, out of fear of failure. It’s not a failure to walk away and choose to be happy. It takes a lot of courage.” – Danielle Trussoni
- “At any moment, you have a choice that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “True self-acceptance shows up at that moment when you realize that peace cannot co-exist with war. The moment you choose to stop being your own enemy and to love yourself instead.” – Rebecca Ray
- “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” – John Barrymore
Happiness Is A Choice Quotes
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Although you may not always be able to avoid difficult situations, you can modify the extent to which you can suffer by how you choose to respond to the situation.” – Dalai Lama
- “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” – Valerie Bertinelli
- “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.” – Albert Einstein
- “Happiness is a state of mind, and depends very little on outward circumstances.” – Helen Keller
- “Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy.” – Ralph Marston
- “If you want to be happy, be.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Happy is he who forgets (ignores?) what cannot be changed.” – Mark Twain
- “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “In every single moment, we have the choice to be happy or not. No matter what is going on, we can choose to focus on what is right, what is good and whole in ourselves and our lives, and what options we have in any given situation. In other words, we can choose to be happy no matter what.” – M. J. Ryan
- “Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.” – Hannah Bronfman
- “My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations.” – Michael J. Fox
- “Being in control of your life and having realistic expectations about your day-to-day challenges are the keys to stress management, which is perhaps the most important ingredient to living a happy, healthy, and rewarding life.” – Marilu Henner
- “The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives.” – Russell M. Nelson
- “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brene Brown
- “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
- “Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.” – Joel Osteen
Using Choose Happiness Quotes
I don’t necessarily believe that you can simply sit down and decide to choose happiness with one single choice. But I do believe that it is possible to make several choices that will lead you to a more positive mindset and a happier life.
A positive mindset isn’t about ignoring your problems or pretending that everything is fine when it isn’t. Instead, it’s the decision to take control of your life and choose to interpret the things that happen to you through a positive lens.
My hope is that the quotes from this list inspire you to slow down and appreciate the present moment. Your life is far from perfect and you surely face your fair share of struggle. But there is so much to be grateful for and there is so much to learn every time something doesn’t go right for you.
Choose your favorite choose happiness quotes from this list and use them to inspire you to make a few small choices in your life today. Watch as each little choice adds up to an overall happier and more fulfilling life!
Don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on social media! If you know someone who could use choose happiness quotes, this blog post could be just what they need!